January 4, 2010

Fabric Flower Pins


These Fabric flower pins are a fun project you can make with your Big Shot and the Stampin' Up! Flower Folds Die.  Back in September while at  Founders Circle with Stampin' Up! in St. George Utah several ladies were wearing flower pins like the one I made.  I went to a local craft store in St. George and purchased the supplies to make my own, I am the kind of person that needs to make thing as I see them while the idea is very fresh in my head.  My new friends and  I put our heads together and made one for ourselves.  Last week we made these at my downline meeting, it is great to see how each lady makes a few changes to make it their own.

1. choose at least 4 fabrics that coordinate and  sparkly tule



2. cut 4 flowers of 3 of the sizes



3. fold each flower in half and lay in a stack on top of each other moving two petals to the left each time, when they are alined correctly you will see 4 different colored heart shapes



4. Baste the 4 half flower folds together with thread so they are 1 layer, you now will need to do the same thing with all 3 sizes of flower folds. Place the largest flower layer on the bottom adding your tule in between each layer. 
Now you can sew the layers together permemently, add a small piece of tule and a button to finish off your flower pin.


This flower was made using the 3 smaller flower sizes, the one at the top was made using the 3 larger sizes.
I think I will wear the smaller one on my brown winter coat and the larger one attached to the cloth bag I carry.

Thanks for looking Cindy

1 comment:

Bill said...

Wow, a cool idea!